Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Fairport's Cropredy Convention 2006 - ME & THE QUO!!!














Cropredy was much better this year! I got to meet lots of fab people and even managed to get ON STAGE and rock along with --- THE QUO!!! I don't know how Francis and the boys manage to stay so young looking, but hey, they rocked!


















Can't remember ever having so much fun - every time they lit me up with those great big spots, the whole crowd cheered for ME!- I was worn out from all the waving all the time.














Got myself some executive transport for this year too - my top friend MAL loaned me his wheels for a bit - great fun - and just like John Martyn's!!!!! - thanks Mal!!!



















Oh yeah - I had to put his photo in as a thank you - so here he is - sleepwalking at Cropredy - probably had too much whiskey ;-)



















Here's Bear and ME chilling back at the Mobile Palace - Bear is just too posh for me.

There's a great big gap in photo coverage of Cropredy this year because THEY forgot to bring decent spare batteries for the camera - so you don't get any pictures of my new friends NICK - the long, cool guy who don't say much but has the best dance ever - you have to run down the whole field to do it properly - and PHIL - who was soooooo happy after John Martyn that we laughed and laughed at 10CC - Phil had drunk a lot of cider and he probably had some other stuff too - he was out of here man!

I saw John Martyn he was VERY good and his music is VERY scary for little ME. I could have got up and jammed with him, but I was too much in AWE! (Yes I know, a rare moment of humility from ME, but sometimes you just have to admit it....!!)

Anyway - must say sorry to the folk in the food stall that I scared half to death when I looked in on them - and thanks to the other lot for the freebie banana crepe - yummy!












What a great weekend - so you next year? Here's a stolen image of me on the way home in the Mobile Palace - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Peace, Love and Crepes! Floppy 8-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home