Sunday, September 03, 2006

Shrewsbury Floppy Festival 2006














NUTS! That's what the sign says anyway! Hello everybody and welcome to MY report from the Shrewsbury Folk Festival. This is the main bit were loads of people gather all day to watch grown men dress up in strange costumes and prance around with bells on - either waving lacey hankies around or trying to brain each other with sticks, it depends on whether they are the goodies or the baddies I think.














As usual there were loads of fun people just dying to meet ME! Here's one from Australia. Yes she came all the way from the other side of the World just for this moment!!!! Doesn't she look pleased to see ME???

I think the bloke behind looks a bit like me too, the one with the beer on his belly.














Here I am showing her how to use a digital camera so that she can take MY picture!



















OK thats enough pictures of her now......




















Once I'd got away from that one, her friend wanted to say hello too! Here we are posing for more photos - I'm thinking of having my knees dyed black too - I think it looks good.














Passers by just wanted to shake my hand.....















Except for this kid who looks like he's fell asleep at just the wrong moment!




















Sometimes you just want a few minutes privacy, only to find yet another ^*&%$ lense stuffed in your face!




















Here's why - just chilling with Gilly - my favourite cool chick! (You have to say that about your Mum don't you?!)




















I thought this one might have been a Sultan's daughter (ie loaded!) but it turns out she's just from Manchester and likes to dress up... I heard her singing later and it was really nice!















This bloke should have put the hats the other way around, now that would have been impressive!















This women wanted to do strange things - like stitch things on to ME and all kinds - very dangerous - and she looks so overcome with joy that she's almost crying!













There was FAB music at this thing, this is THE BEST act I saw - Rachel Unthank & The Winter Set - strange name but cool music - I was a bit overcome by it really, just lay on the grass by the stage listening.














After the gig the 2 Unthank sisters got to meet ME! Anyway THEY are the COOLEST chicks in the World - EVER - Becky on the left is my favourite because Rachel told me I needed a bath - come on Rachel - it's a festival - I don't care if the curry stains are from the last one 3 weeks ago, everybody needs a bath at a festival!
















This is a very nice young man who I met at the gig.....
















... and this is Martin who isn't really strangling ME .....
















... and here's his Mum - Eilleen(?) Who really liked ME and we had a lot of dances together!
















It was getting a bit late now, ut suddenly loads of cool chicks appeared and started to dance with ME .....

















... and one thing led to another and ....




















.... then they were queuing up!




















... and coming back for more!!!















Except for this one - the hard-hearted woman who didn't like ME!! She'll regret it for the rest of her life - I don't do second chances!












After all that I was worn out and had to have a lie down before my parents came along to take ME home - parents - HUH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home